2010年7月13日火曜日

Chapter 12

1:hatchet,barrel,musket

*context*
I found also a box full of little hatchets and a small barrel of musket balls.

*definition*
hatchet: a small axe with a short handle
barrel:the part of a gun that the bullets are fired through
musket:a type of gun used in the past




2:pile

*context*
The things were not heavy, but they made a large pile.

*definition*
a large amount of something arranged in a shape that looks like a small hill




3:acquaint

*context*
She looked as though she had a mind to get acquainted.

*definiton*
be acquainted with somethingto know about something, because you have seen it, read it, used it etc







I have a bad cold today.
So,I'll be absent from school.Sorry...
But I hope I'll update my blog once more in several days.

Could you tell me about how do you grade our academic results?
Last week,I was late for class. I couldn't ask about it.



Chapter12

3 件のコメント:

  1. Thanks! I'm sorry to hear about your cold. I hope you feel better soon.

    One thing I noticed today is that the definition you listed for "barrel" does not fit the context. In this case, "barrel" means "a large curved container with a flat top and bottom, made of wood or metal." There is a picture of a "barrel" in Longman.

    In regard to your grade. The quality of your work as been excellent. The only thing I'm not sure about is the quantity. If you can come to class next week, I'd like to ask you about how much time you have spent and how far you have read in the book. If you cannot come to class, we can communicate about this through e-mail.

    返信削除
  2. Thank you,Mr.Masden.
    Now I feel better than last week.

    I see...I understand the mean clear.
    I brought up the image of the gun with "musket" .

    I will go to class tomorrow.So we can talk about it.

    返信削除
  3. Thanks for your response. I'm looking forward to seeing you in class.

    返信削除